我是線上《牛津詞典》專業版 (Oxford Dictionaries Pro) 的訂戶，最近注意到網站發布了最新一季的新詞。這一季的新詞共有 45 個，我分批介紹，並加註了自己的翻譯和眉批，附上詞典所提供的例句一條和詞源 (若有)，以饗格友。
上一批 (之一) 介紹了按字母順序的頭 5 個，這次介紹第二批的次 5 個。請注意，這裡的《牛津詞典》不是史上最大的《牛津英語詞典》(The Oxford English Dictionary)，而是以《英語牛津詞典》(Oxford Dictionary of English) 為骨幹，兼納《新牛津美國詞典》(New Oxford American Dictionary) 數位化而成。名字這樣令人混淆，牛津大學出版社是否該檢討一下？
6. born digital （文字、錄音）生而數位的；只有數位形式的 adjective 定義：denoting texts or recordings produced in digital form, rather than having been converted from print or analogue equivalents 例句：As research libraries are discovering, born-digital materials are more complicated and costly to preserve than anticipated.
7. cage diving 鋼籠潛水 noun [mass noun] 定義：the activity of being lowered into the sea in a protective steel cage in order to view sharks or other dangerous sea creatures at close range例句：An environmental scientist has warned that cage diving is teaching the sharks to associate humans with food. 衍生詞：cage diver 鋼籠潛水員
8. carbon debt 碳債；碳負債 noun 定義：the imbalance between the carbon footprint of a particular country, group, person, etc. and any carbon offsetting that has been agreed or undertaken to counteract this 例句：Burning biomass releases carbon dioxide instantly, while repaying that carbon debt through newtree growth takes years.
9. chemtrail /ˈkɛmtreɪl/ （飛機的）化學凝結尾 noun 定義：a visible trail left in the sky by an aircraft and believed by some to consist of chemical or biological agents released as part of a covert operation, rather than the condensed water of a vapour trail 例句：Conspiracy theorists have been going wild with speculation over the nature and purpose of chemtrails. [詞源：1990s: blend of chemical and trail, on the pattern of contrail]
10. corporatocracy /ˌkôrpərəˈtäkrəsē/ 公司王國 noun (plural corporatocracies) 定義：a society or system that is governed or controlled by corporations 例句：In this age of corporatocracies, the money goes not to the inventor, but to the company. [詞源：未提供，但應是 corporation "公司" 與 -ocracy "統治" 縮合而成]