我是線上《牛津詞典專業版》(Oxford Dictionaries Pro) 的訂戶，最近注意到網站發布了最新一季的新詞。這一季的新詞共有 45 個，我分批介紹，並加註了自己的翻譯和眉批，附上詞典所提供的例句一條和詞源 (若有)，以饗格友。
1. affogato /afə'gɑːtəʊ/ 阿法奇朵 [冰淇淋上面加上義式濃縮咖啡] noun (plural affogatos) 定義：an Italian dessert consisting of vanilla ice cream topped with a shot of espresso coffee. 例句：The affogato was to die for, with the bitter espresso perfectly complementing the sweet ice cream. [Origin: Italian, literally 'drowned', past participle of affogare 'to drown']
2. barbecue stopper 熱門話題 [按：話題非常熱門，熱門到不得不暫時放下手邊的烤肉] noun Australian informal 定義：a topic of conversation that is very interesting or controversial. 例句：Sibling rivalry is the new barbecue stopper—at least in my circles.
3. bibimbap /'biːbɪmbap/ 韓式拌飯 noun [mass noun] 定義：a Korean dish consisting of rice topped with sautéed vegetables, chilli paste, and beef or other meat, sometimes with the addition of a raw or fried egg. 例句：Also recommended were the tofu soup, the kimchi soup and a Korean speciality called bibimbap, a mixture of rice and seasoned meat, vegetables and egg. [Origin: Korean, literally 'mixed rice']
4. biochar /'bʌɪəʊtʃɑː/ 生物碳 noun [mass noun] 定義：charcoal produced from plant matter and stored in the soil as a means of removing carbon dioxide from the atmosphere. 例句：Three activities - no-till agriculture, biochar and more intensified livestock farming with reduced methane emissions - are likely to benefit from increased funding. [Origin: 1990s: blend of biomass and charcoal]
5. bloggy /'blɒgi/ 部落格式的；博客式的 adjective (bloggier, bloggiest) informal 定義：characteristic of a blog or blogs. 例句：A lot of the journalism is quite bloggy, with opinions rather than facts.